Exercise both strength and fitness
A week of free training for you who are a student at LU
Exercising strength is not only making you stronger – it also makes you happier and healthier! We have a new gym of 1450 sqm and offer training for the whole body. With our machines and tools, you increase the training effect and strengthen both your heart and brain. We also have workouts in the gym for those who enjoy group workouts.
- Open 24/7
- First-class equipment
- Personal trainers
- Inspirational environment
We offer classic relaxing massage and more specific massage for muscular tension. Our methods have been developed and prepared in consultation with doctors, physiologists and physiotherapists. We give you advice on exercise and stretch while we also help with problems with overload on muscles and pain in the back, shoulders or arms and acute muscle problems.
We offer different types of fitness tests. When doing a fitness test, you will find out your physical capacity and what you need to adapt in your training. Find out our tests in the list. To book an appointment or if you have questions, please email our test manager Ulf Malmsten. If you need to cancel a fitness test, it must be done no later than 24 hours before the agreed time, unless a fee is charged according to the price list.
Gerdahallen’s physiotherapists have long experience and great competence in the field and help you on the right path. Common problems talking to a physiotherapist can be acute pain in the back, neck or shoulder, such as pain that has occurred in connection with exercise or prolonged pain in muscles and joints. After a discussion with you, our physiotherapists make an assessment of your problems. You will receive answers on what it may be due to and how you should proceed to treat them.
Senior weeks are organized at Gerdahallen at regular intervals. Our senior week can take place both indoors and outdoors. We offer a schedule with different forms of training and a lot of extra workouts with different specializations. The week ends with a dance session that provides a wonderful community and training joy. Booking of senior week takes place in our app, website or customer service.
Pregnant / maternity training
We offer training for you who are expecting a child and for you who have just given birth. Get started with training in a constructive way. Exercising is good for your body and mind. Our exercises are adapted to train stability and strength. For you with a baby, your child lies next to you on a blanket while you exercise.
Kick start your
Invest in yourself – buy training cards
or PT hours
At Gerdahallen, we want to give you all the conditions to succeed with your training so that you can feel good and become even stronger – so join us on your life’s training journey. We help you regardless of training background and promise you training quality, joy and fellowship in a simple and inspiring way.
Welcome to Gerdahallen!Buy card
The year you turn 12, you can exercise without an adult in our group workouts. In company with an adult, you can also work out in the gym. In the gym, you can exercise without an adult from the year you turn 15.
Gerdahallen works actively to be an exercise facility free from doping. Doping is not in accordance with the basic principles of sport and society and is therefore not welcome with us. We stand for a clean and healthy exercise without doping substances, alcohol and drugs. Our definition of doping substances is the same as sports’ anti-doping regulations and the law of the Prohibition of Doping Substances. We co – operate with the police in our anti – doping work.
You can either book our limited group workouts on the website, through our app or take a drop-in. For workshops & special workouts, special rules apply. You can book six days before the workout starts and can have a maximum of 5 active bookings. You can see how many places there are left on the group workout on the schedule page.
- As standby, you can get a place on a fully booked group workout if someone cancels their place up to 2 hours before it starts.
- 5 minutes before the workout starts, any places booked where the person / persons who booked have not registered / picked up their ticket will be released.
- If you miss to cancel your place, your training card will be blocked for booking after the second time. Unlocking costs SEK 95.
- If you have booked a group workout and arrive later than 5 minutes before, your ticket will be released as a drop-in. You must then take a drop-in ticket.
DO I HAVE TO BOOK A GROUP WORKOUT?
No, you have the opportunity to check in at one of our ticket stations no earlier than two hours before start until it begins. If you want to be guaranteed a place you must book.
HOW DO I BOOK ON THE WEBSITE?
- Go to the schedule page up in the menu.
- Click BOOK under Group workout schedule.
- Select the desired pass and click Book at the far right.
- You now log in with your personal login information (more information about this under login).
- The booking has now been completed and a confirmation of the booking is written.
CAN I BOOK AS A GUEST?
If you don’t have a card at Gerdahallen, you can still book yourself as a guest. Pre-registration can be done through the website and customer service. We then need your name and personal identity number and otherwise the same rules apply as for other group workouts bookings.
We want you to always bring your training card with you when you exercise. If you ever forget your card, you can train during staffed opening hours without having to pay.
If you forget your card more than four times a year, it costs SEK 50 to enter from the fifth time.
- Always wear clean indoor training shoes and clean clothes in the gym. Do not take off your t-shirt/top while working out.
- Please return equipment after use.
- Free weights such as dumbbells and barbell weights to be used on designated areas only.
- Allow others access to machines while resting or in between sets.
- Leave any bags and outerwear in designated areas outside of the gym area.
- Place your training card against the card reader outside the main entrance to enter.
- To get out, place your training card against the card reader between the doors in the main entrance.
- Check in as usual for the gym at one of the check-in stations.
- You are not allowed to stay in our group gyms when the last workout of the day is over.
- The premises are alarmed and monitored.
- Guards and staff perform checks on training cards. Infringement is prosecuted.
- Your card is personal. You may not let anyone else in or out. Violation leads to suspension.
- The emergency exits are alarmed and may only be opened in an emergency.
- In case of emergency, you can use the emergency telephone located in the reception by the toilet. Violation is prosecuted and you will be charged SEK 500.
- First-aid materials, stretchers and defibrillators are available at Torget.